Sunday

Weightless

Don't you lose who you are every now and then?
I think those cracked cobble steps under your feet are straining from the weight that's on your mind ...

Me? I'm feeling weightless again -
don't see what i have left to gain

you think you understand, but no -
not til you let go of the hand you hold every time you cross the road
cause you'll float away then, and maybe like me,
you'll feel weightless again
and you'll have nothing left to gain
you all told me to meditate with you in a room full of people and my soul tore.
because i thought i was incapable.
i thought the ground was unescapable.

the brother i made
described it to me
and together we realised that neither of us
had seen through your eyes, or you, ours

unknowingly, our lives were what you sought
and the antonym of us was what you fought
to escape when you tried to meditate with thought
or without. and my doubt is cast out now

rambling about my body that's weightless again

No comments:

Post a Comment