Sunday

Lynn Valley

There were 5 things to remember.

The first one was when we were walking back out of the woods ... We followed one after another, the anti-pilgrimmage of our night as we returned from the magic of the crying woods to the sheltered dry house they called home. And one after another we all stepped carefully down the steps in the pouring rain, the scathing darkness, the muddy ledges precariously leading alongside a rushing river in the night. Everything that wasn't a step looked like a roaring river to me, I blinked carefully every step, trying to open my eyes wider for minutes, ages until we reached the concrete outside of the hilly woods where it hit me. It wasn't my eyelids half closed that made it hard to see, but my beanie sliding slowly over my eyes and I lifted my chin to peer down at the road; clarity. Blissed ignorance.
It was that walking, that singing in the dark of the morning with strangers on the road where I realised in that pouring rain that of course wind breakers aren't waterproof. Windbreakers are the opposite of rainproof. Windbreakers are sticking-to-your-body-with-a-clinging-wetness-proof. Woops. So much for grabbing someone else's rainproof coat ... At least it looked like I stole Elmer Fudd's boots, damn those were warm and dry.

We all curled up inside a hidden Narnia-closeted hole of wholeness and space, a dense cube of sarongs and blacklights and wonderfulness. The day was over, the night had succumbed and the morning was breaching us as we sat in a circle, souls overlapping.
Tali
"My birthday's over. It's officially the day after my birthday ... Let's celebrate the day after my birthday! I'm another day older!"
Jessa
"Oh my god, I'm another day older too! Let's celebrate! We should celebrate every day! Every day, surviving the Man, takin' it one day at a time."
Tali
"... We should celebrate every moment, man ... "
Jessa
"Fuck man. That's ... That's ... That's nirvana right there man."

No comments:

Post a Comment