Sunday

Recently I have been able to rationalize over-spending on groceries by acknowledging not only that higher quality food of course costs more (and is better for you), but that I enjoy cooking so much, I've begun to call it my hobby. Sure, there's no exercise involved, but it's creative. It's fun.
I enjoy justifying a more expensive, creative meal at home in place of spending money on other hobbies/activities; I get more enjoyment out of an elaborate, delicious creation -- bland food just doesn't do it for me anymore.
Cheap food tastes -- well, cheap. You get what you pay for.
And for that bargain shopper mindset, there's also the thrill of creating a beautiful meal on a budget... Made the most delicious spaghetti I have ever had, accompanied by red wine and garlic bread -- huge meal for two, with leftovers, was about $25-30.
Looking forward to the next extravaganza!

No comments:

Post a Comment