Wednesday

Procrastinator

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
--Charles Schultz
I have a letter sitting on my desk that I wrote in October ... 3 months later, I still can't motivate myself to send it. All sorts of problems have arisen since I wrote it -- for instance, I can't remember quite what it says. From what I do remember however, it wasn't particularly sensical ... It is also written to someone whom I have never written a letter to -- perhaps sending it without reo-opening it to reevaluate would be a mistake? What if it is completely out of context? Or what if it isn't, and I destroy a perfectly good handmade handtyped envelope?
The reason it never got sent is because at the time I was too lazy to dig out the address ... and lo and behold it lies on my desk 3 months later .. stamped and everything . Well that's not true, that's another problem . How many stamps are necessary for the United States? It's international, but not on another continent. In fact, I can drive there in a few hours -- why should I stick another stamp on there? But what if there isn't enough postage, and a perfectly good letter is wasted?
Best reason of all ... I believe it also contains birthday wishes. I should just probably wait to send it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment