Sunday

nada surf

i feel far away from you
so what else is new
the moon is closer to the sun
than i am to anyone

i wanna tell you about a time
a time that soars high above all others in my mind
when we walked on a lone crust of the
earth wrapped in ice and felt alone
on the top of the world
you gave me a flashlight and ran and i
was slowly mesmerized by time and sky
and being and light and when i pointed my beam
into the endless night and played
flashlight tag with the stars
i realized who is what we are
Grounded by thought and human ineptness
of inability to leap off the face of the
earth i turned my eyes from skyward to
dirt and discovered specks locked in the ice
that in my imagination-filled night i could
imagine to be galaxies lost in ice and
my beam of light would be to them a
shining star's beacon ... or maybe i was
looking through a special portal through
crust and core, an imaginary door to the
southern hemisphere's stars so from here we
could see where they are ...
and i tripped through ideas
lost in thought
Amazing what the mind can create
or in the case of my belief, unlock and see
what really Is and Bes.

No comments:

Post a Comment