Sunday

pre-emptive

i had a terrible dream.

i awoke to begin crying.

i dreamt that someone close to me told me that she would die soon.

Unprepared, I grieved and grieved for what was going to come.

It scared me so much, that all my dreams and aspirations left in a heartbeat, and I soon vowed that I would spend all my remaining time with her, cherishing every moment ...

Less than half an hour later, I realized life was much longer than I could imagine.

If you spend your remaining years (as a 21 year old) with a healthy middle-aged woman, soon you will be the middle-aged woman.

I realized later truly that I needn't pre-mourn a loss of someone. The important thing to realize is that fear of death is the true enemy. Fearing a loss of someone made me drop all my hopes and dreams like I had nothing left to live for. But we have everything to live for, every day.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow, for la vida son suenos, y los suenos, suenos son.

No comments:

Post a Comment