Sunday

i read this in my book after writing my post, but i figured, what better way to start than with Shot Dunyun ...

Shot Dunyun: Me, My focus is providing the music for a perfect night [...]
No bullshit, but I've watched people stop in the middle of a funeral, the dead body smiling there in the casket, the old ladies sobbing, and people stop to change the music. Mozart instead of Schumann. Music is crucial [...] If your car skids into oncoming traffic, and you die listening to The Archies sing 'Sugar Sugar,' it's your own damn laziness. [...]  No bullshit, but I never leave the house without a mix for anything: Falling in love. Witnessing a death. Disappointment. Impatience. Traffic. I carry a mix for any human condition. Anything really good or bad happens to me, and my way to not overreact --like, to distance my emotions-- is to locate the exact perfect sound track for that moment. Even the night Rant died, my automatic first thought was: Philip Glass's Violin Concerto II, or Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Major ... ?
- Shot Dunyun, 'An Oral Biography of Buster Casey' by Chuck Palahniuk

Listen.

Hear that?

There's music playing -

I plug into that. That's my food. That's my drug. That's my love.

Tiredness ... Emptiness ...

Plug into music, it will fill you, fill the emptiness, steal away the lethargy

Millions upon millions of people make it, just for you. Just for them.

They drain away their happiness, their sadness, recording into oblivion so that it's there forever, for you to tap into.

Think you're sad? Someone else has been sadder.

Think you're happy? Someone else has been happier.

Does it matter? Not really. Of course. everything matters.

(even hypocrisy matters)

listen to some music today, trust me. it only makes everything better

sexdrugslovepartiesworkfamilytravels music
makes it all better

No comments:

Post a Comment