Wednesday

so many thoughts going through my mind. mostly sensory images --

falling white sweet-scented cherry blossoms

wind whipping my hair around my face and rushing against my skin so fast it feels like i can feel nothing and everything simultaneously.

the smell of clothes that have dried stiff in the sun on clotheslines

a cat on my belly in the night absorbing what heat i have left to give, until there is none remaining and he gives it back.

staring at a vividly blue sky so long that colours desaturate in my eyes and i feel i've traveled back in time 40 years.

hearing songs that i know the words to so well that i begin to hear the real meaning when i turn their story into mine. nostalgia in a note.

making a 9 year old boy blush. hearing his dad high-five him after i walk away

watching shadows and light rush by in dappled sunlight on a country road.

knowing there's no where else, no one else better to be in a moment that's now.

P.S. happy 63rd anniversary Grandma & Grandpa. I hope to live at least as long as you've been married.
hugs and kisses xox

No comments:

Post a Comment