Wednesday

Welllll!! What an exciting time it's been, my brother and I have been attacking all the restaurants in the city, trying to get a different country every night ... Overall, I think we managed Vietnamese, Himalayan, Indian, Thai & Cuban ... Although for the Cuban I think it was a specific time period of American influence rather than Cuban food, because we had delicious little burgers and chicken wings, but the bar was beautifully themed, with the most gorgeous posters all over, tucked away above the street upstairs where you'd never notice it. Not enough people ever raise their heads to look up at all the hidden things they're missing!
After a delicious Pimm's out in Stanley with the meal I had there, it only made sense to order it again at Castro's (the Cuban bar) but as per usual Hong Kong free-pouring standards, it was deliciously strong and lacking what the other drink had had: mix and garnish. Pimm's on the rocks. Delish. Although I can't forget how could the first one that I had in Stanley was, it was mixed with soda, just the right amount, and garnished with a lengthy sliced cucumber, and I cannot think of anything I would rather have ever to refresh myself with on a warm evening off the coast of the South China Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment